Kosharnaya Galina Borisovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of sociology and human resource management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Chalykh Oleg Pavlovich, Deputy chief of sub-department, faculty of military training, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Servicemen dismissed from professional military service, face a number of problems. They have to adapt to the new living conditions, integrate into the civil society to be its part. In this connection, a research of the military retirees’ professional adaptation both in the modern Russian society in whole and in the regions of the country is of special topicality and urgency. The goal of the article is to reveal the basic actual problems of the military retirees’ professional adaptation in Penza. Background. On the basis of the sociological research carried out in June 2017 the authors analyzed the problems of the military retirees’ professional adaptation. The main research method included a mass questionnaire for respondents from Penza.
Materials and methods. The research carried out showed that the actual problems of the military retirees’ professional adaptation are the following: demand in society, receiving work in civil profession, lack of legal information and small pensions.
Results. Military retirees can be an effective part of the society.
Conclusions. It’s important to create conditions for effective professional adaptation and to undertake measures for prevention and overcoming risks of professional adaptation.
1. Golenkova Z. T. Izbrannye trudy [Selected Proceedings]. Moscow: Novyy khronograf, 2014.
2. Spenser G. Osnovaniya sotsiologii [Basic sociology]. Moscow: Sotsium, 2007.
3. Dyurkgeym E. O razdelenii obshchestvennogo truda. Metod sotsiologii [On the division of social labor. Method of sociology]. Moscow: Nauka, 1991.
4. Parsons T. O sotsial'nykh sistemakh [On social systems]. Moscow: Akademicheskiy prospekt, 2002.
5. Avraamova E. M. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost' [Social sciences and the presence]. 2005, no. 6.
6. Kosharnaya G. B., Tolubaeva L. T., Shumilin A. P. Sotsiokul'turnye tsennosti i zhiznennye strategii naseleniya Penzenskoy oblasti v tranzitivnom rossiyskom obshchestve: monografiya [Sociocultural values and vital strategies of Penza region’s population in
transitive russian society: monograph]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2009.
7. Belyaeva L. A. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2001, no. 6.
8. Korel' L. V. Sotsiologiya adaptatsii: Voprosy teorii, metodologii i metodiki [Sociological adaptation: theory, methodology and methods]. Novosibirsk: Nauka, 2005.
9. Shabanova M. A. Mir Rossii [Universe of Russia]. 2001, no. 3.
10. Karimova L. F. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2015, no. 1 (33), pp. 133–140.
11. Lezhnina Yu. P. Rossiya reformiruyushchayasya. Ezhegodnik [A reforming Russia. Yearbook]. Moscow: Institut sotsiologii RAN, 2008, iss. 7.
12. Shchanina E. V. Sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy [Socioeconomic phenomena and processes]. 2015, vol.10, no.12.
13. Obertenyuk V. G. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Severo-Kavkazskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. North Caucasus region. Social sciences]. 2007, no. 1.
14. Mikhaylov Yu. Ya. Osobennosti sotsial'noy adaptatsii byvshikh voennosluzhashchikh i chlenov ikh semey k usloviyam grazhdanskoy sredy: dis kand. sotsiol. nauk [Specifics of social adaptation of former servicemen and their family members to the conditions of the civilian environment: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of sociological sciences]. Moscow, 2005, 180 p.
15. Pavlova V. G. Rossiyskoe voennoe obozrenie [Russian Military Review]. 2007, no. 3.